Friday, April 27, 2007

Cancellation of Big Walk this year!!

Recently I was wondering why there is still no announcement about the registration of the TNP Big Walk 2007 this year since I remembered that this annual event is normally organized in the month of May. Actually I only participated in this event for 2 years (2005 and 2006). Attached is the photo taken with my friend on 06 Big Walk.

As it is already April now, so I searched the website for this year’s Big Walk registration. In the process, I was surprised not to find the official Big Walk 2007 website, but found another website that linked to the article in (AsiaOne News) mentioning that the Big Walk will be cancelled this year due to the fact that the National Stadium will be demolished to make way for the new sports hub. As a result, there is no suitable place for them to host this event.Sad…

They also mentioned that in the future, the Big Walk will not be an annual event anyway, but will only to host on special occasions…. Sad to hear that…. See the article below

http://news.asiaone.com/a1news/20070412_story19_1.html

No comments: