Monday, February 18, 2008

牛车水闹元宵


Today after watching the “Kung Fu Dunk” movie and having dinner with some of my army friends, I met up with my mum at Chinatown area at 8+pm to view the Chingay 花车 and also the Fireworks + 1 minutes of Firework whereby the authority push toward next Thursday 元宵 to tonight instead. But I am not sure whether there is another one on this coming thursday.

I was there earlier, hence I walked around to take photos of the displayed Chingay 花车 on both side of New Bridge Road and Eu Tong Sen Street. Then I saw my mum at People’s Park Complex and that’s where we waited for quite some time (close to 10pm) for the Chingay 花车 to start rolling on the street. After all the 10 Chingay 花车 moved passed, that’s when the firecrackers 爆竹started to light up, followed by the 1 minute of Firework.

It is my first time seeing the lighting up of firecracker, since it was banned by the government long time ago in the 80’s. Until the recent years of Chinese New Year, then they allowed the lighting of Firecracker by authorized personnel during Chinese New Year period. The feeling and sound of the firecracker was great, giving a great pleasure to all the audiences there. However as we were in front of People’s Park Complex, hence we were not able to view the 1 minute firework clearly, since the firework was ignited from the 5th roof of People’s Park Complex. Anyway, it was still great witnessing the show over there. Oh No. got to work tomorrow…


Below are the Chingay 花车 photos that I took.












































No comments: