Monday, August 28, 2006

Army Half Marathon 2006

Ha. It has been a long time since I last written my blog online.

This sunday, 27th August, I participated in the Army Half Marathon again, running the 21km run. This year, 1 of my army friends joined me in the race and it is also his first time taking part in the 21km run also. It took us around 2hr 42min to complete the full route, which was considered to be slow for normal timing. But at least we finished the race together. hehe.

This time round, I was having a slow pace jog for the 21km with my army friend as my left ankle was not fully recovered from the injury caused during my jogging session 1 month ago.

This year's route was slightly different from the previous years, as the organiser have made some adjustment, which shifted the focus of the route to Orchard Road, Chinatown and City Areas. It was actually another new experience for me running on a different route.

In addition, i have 2 other army friends who also joined in the race, but they were running the 10km race instead. it was quite a miserable experience for them, as it started to rain while they were approaching the last few kilometres of the race. As for the 2 of us who ran the 21km should be considered quite lucky to finish the race just before it started to rain.

For the past running events that i have participated so far, this is the first time I experienced raining during a running event, which seldom occur in the past...

okay. here ends my blog. got to get back to study and assignments...

No comments: