Sunday, May 25, 2008

SNCCC 2008 @ Seletar Reservoir









(View of Seletar Reservoir with the participating Concrete Canoes)







This morning, I went to Seletar Reservoir to witness the first Singapore National Concrete Canoe Competition 2008 (SNCCC) organized by NTU CEE club.

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, 1 of my juniors is taking part in the event, that’s why I went to give some support. The event started as early as 7am, but I reached there around 8+am.

I walked around to view the posters of the participating teams and also their concrete canoe design. There is also a walk a jog event from the Khatib MRT to Seletar Reservoir and the audiences are also allowed to vote for their favourite canoe design. During the event, I also saw a few familiar faces, like SP Mr Foo, Mdm Liang and NTU Prof Lok, Prof Pan, Prof Susanto Teng and also AMK GRC Er. Lee BW.

The competition basically consists of 8 teams (almost NTU, 2 NUS and 1SP) and 3 races (400m combined endurance, combined ZigZag and Men’s Double Sprint). Although most of the teams are from NTU, but ultimately the champion and 2nd place both goes to the NUS’s Viper and Vayager team respectively. The 3rd place goes to NTU’s Runge Kutta and my junior’s team, SURF came in 4th places, which is considered not bad already. 3 Cheers to all the participating teams.

Below are some photos of the events:

Posters display of the participating teams:







































Design of Concrete Canoes: (My junior's design in red)
























Preparing for action:
























Teams in action:





















Final Sprint Race:












Result & Prize Giving:













No comments: