Friday, February 05, 2010

Visit to Sembawang God of Wealth Temple
















(View of the temple from the extrance)













(Some lanteens outside the temple)



Last Sunday, 31 Jan 2010, I accompanied my mum for a CNY Shopping cum Sembawang God of Wealth Temple tour organized by my area CC committee. We board the coach at around 8am and we were first brought to Sembawang God of Wealth Temple (三巴旺财神庙) at Admiralty Street before going to various food industrial areas at Masiling and Woodlands for CNY goodies shopping. Anyway, I will talk about the Sembawang God of Wealth Temple.













(Just inside the temple)
















(Wall Carvings)




It is my first time visiting this temple even though it was opened quite some time ago. It is a good opportunity for me to pay a visit as I don’t have to travel all the way there myself. The internal of the temple looks nice with all the interesting decorations and sculptures. Just outside the entrance, I saw this interesting “wheel of Fortune” with numbers on it and many prayers are queuing up to give it a spring to get some luck or wealth.






























(Wheel of fortune: Left Turn for Luck, Right Turn for wealth)


I think most of the time I am busy taking photos, while my mum was doing the praying. I did some praying too but not that much. I can also see some other people doing the praying to get some luck and wealth for the upcoming CNY bah. Hehe. We stayed there for 30 minutes before heading to the various food industrial areas at Masiling and Woodland to purchase our CNY stuff. After the event, the coach drove us to Jurong West food centre before heading back home. It was almost half day gone when the event ended.

Anyway, it was interesting paying a visit to this temple, just that I am not able to take an overall external photo of the entire temple as one has to get over the canal on the other side to have a better view… :(























































































(Other displays found at the temple)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ...i went there too and zi enjoyed reading the post. Lookin forward to more from you

Anonymous said...

great post :D

may i ask if you know the opening hours of this temple??

kiatsan said...

Hi There.

Thanks for reading. :)

I think the opening hours of this temple should be the same as the Sembawang Tian Ho Keng which is just next to it. I only been there once before.

6.30am to 8pm daily.


You can find out more info from the URL below

http://sbwthk.blogspot.com/

God of Fortune said...

HUAT AH!