Sunday, April 25, 2010

F1 Sports EQ Nature Run 2010













- Starting Line - I am late for the run!! - No runners gathering there
- Drinks booth @ holding area



This morning, I participated in the 15km run in a new running event “F1 Sports EQ Nature Run 2010” at MacRitchie Reservoir where the competitive category is only opened to Singaporeans & PR while the foreigners can only participated in the fun run category.

I was supposed to meet my junior “JC” at CCK MRT control station at 6.30am to go MacRitchie Reservoir for the run together. However JC actually overslept and did not meet me. I tried to call him a few time to wake him up but failed. A total of 29 missed calls were made by me accordingly to JC who eventually woke up at 7+am. Haha. I was already on the train by that time and I alighted at Bishan station and transferred to the new Circle Line and alighted at MaryMount. It was also my first line taking the new circle line train. From Marymount, I transferred another bus to MacRitchie Reservoir. I was about 5 minutes late from the flag off time when I reached MacRitchie.

It has been quite some time since my last visit to MacRitchie. A lot of things have changed over there. The old carpark has been converted to a nice holding area with toilets and shower facilities. There is also a mutli storey carpark added to the park that allows visitors to park their cars easily.

I deposited my bag and started my race at the starting line. I cannot see any group of runners there, except for 2 to 3 late comers like that running in front. I was running at my normal pace and finally managed to catch up with some slower runners in the forest trail. I continued running and finally reached the first water point near to the road where it will lead to the TreeTop walk route.












(At first waterpoint with NPCC girls preparing the Pokka Sports Drinks for the runners)



After that water point, I continued to run and see if I can still catch up with some more runners in front. After running for a distance, we have to clear a few obstacles to bypass some waterpipes and climbing up 1 upslope and running from that upslope to get to the second water point. At the second water point, I resting a while, drunk the Pokka Sports Drink and took some photos of the monkey drinking the leftover Sports Drink that the participants left behind. The Monkeys really enjoy the drinks very much !! Haha Look at the photos below and you will know. : D



























(Obstacles clearing, running down the slope & running in the trail)













(3 buddies helping each other up the slope)














(Monkey @ 2nd water point)

















(OMG - The Monkey likes the leftover Pokka Sports Drinks so much. Look at the monkey's face and see how it is enjoying it. :D - I like this photo. haha)



From there, we ran in the forest trail again and to the Golf range area and to the boardwalk and after that running in the cross country forest route (in the opposite direction). I took me around 1 hr 40 min to cross the finishing line of the 15km race.

















(Running in the open wild)



After the race, I finally saw JC who came to collect his goodie bag and wait for the lucky draw. I chatted with him and in the process got to know a few new friends. During the lucky draw period, I went to wash my face and I suddenly heard my Bib number been called up for the lucky draw, I quickly carried my stuff and ran to the stage with my slippers. Before I reached there, my number was counted 3 times and became invalid. When I finally reached the stage base, I raised my hand and the organizer realized that I was the last number that he counted and allowed me to have the prize. Lucky. Haha. In the process, I won a thermal wonder cooker for my lucky draw and I was also my first time winning in a lucky draw in running event. Haha.














(Prize presentation stage)


















(Trophies for top few runners)



Overall, I enjoyed the event running in the forest trail as it was not hot as most of the sunlight was blocked by the thick vegetation and I was quite happy I won in the lucky draw. Anyway, I will give the thermal cooker to my mum instead. Ha :D














- First time I won in lucky draw in the running event (Won a Thermal wonder cooker)
- Photo with JC who overslept & missed the run but came to collect goodie bag

No comments: