Sunday, March 21, 2010

Run350 (Ubin Run)











(Photo taken at the jetty)



















(Run Survival Kit and Running Route)

















(At the Starting Point)



It has been 1 month since I last update my blog post. This time round, I participated in a 10km run at Pulau Ubin organized by the Young NTUC yesterday. It is my first running event for year 2010 and also my first time running at Pulau Ubin instead of cycling there which most of us normally do. This run aims to raise awareness to the public on global 350 movement and the level of Carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere which should be kept below 350 parts per million (ppm) which it now exceeding with a value of 387ppm. With this event, it intends to help by raising enough money to plant 350 new trees to do a part for our earth. More information can be found below

When I woke up in the morning at 8+am, it started to rain and I was worried that the afternoon Run350 event will be cancelled due to the rain which I was looking for that run. I left home early in the morning to collect the Run Round Singapore T-shirt at NTU before I headed all the way to the east side for the Run350.

When I reached Changi V around 2pm, I was walking at the Hawker Centre to get some soya bean drink before boarding the bumboat and I was surprised to see my company IT colleague at the hawker centre and taking part in the run too. In the end, we board the bumboat together to Ubin for the run.

When we reached ubin, the weather condition improved slightly and it was just drizzling and lucky for us, the run can still be continued. We gathered near the Basketball court area to wait for the run to begin. As it is a charity run and not a competitive race, that is why only about 1000 participants took part in this event and no elite runners join in the fun. Haha.
Our 10km category, the run was flagged off by our MP, Mr Lim Swee Say at 3.50pm which was match with the event name. haha. The 5km category was flagged off at 4.50pm instead. Just before the race started, the MC mentioned this is a run and not a race and advise us to be careful on the slippery surface so everyone took our time to run and enjoy the scenery at ubin. During the run, I stopped a few times for some snapshots and continued with the run.
After the run, I stayed for a while to take some photography before I head back to Singapore mainland by the bumboat. Overall it was one interesting and fun run and it was really lucky that we are only having light drizzling during the race. This run also helps me to prepare for the upcoming Run Round Singapore Run next Saturday and Sunday.

















(Participants gathering and banners on some environmental knowledge)





























(Running in the rural area)













(Attap House and Scenery taken during the run)


























(Finishing Point)






























(Flowers, Papaya and Trees)































(Some other nice wall paintings outside the attap house which I missed out during my previous visits at Ubin)














(1 lonely abandoned Boat that I saw before I left ubin)

No comments: