Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Upcoming "The New Paper Big Walk 2010"




























(Advertisement on TNP Big Walk 2010 from MyPaper, 8 Jun 2010)



Yesterday, I read on an advertisement inside MyPaper and learnt that The New Paper Big Walk is coming back again!! I have only participated in the Big Walk for 2 years in 2005 and 2006. If I did not remembered, I participated alone in Big Walk 2005 and later my friend, TN and KT joined me in the Big Walk 2006. During that time, Big Walk event was held at the National Stadium with both Competitive and Fun Category of 10km.


Below is my blog post on Big Walk 2006 that I participated. Wah. 4 years already. Looks so long back.


http://kiatsans.blogspot.com/2007/04/cancellation-of-big-walk-this-year.html


In year 2007, the big walk was cancelled due to the fact that the National Stadium will be demolished to make way for the new sports hub. However till now, the national stadium was not demolished yet due to many factors. After that in year 2008, the big walk was back again to celebrate the opening of the Marina Barrage with a limit of 20,000 participants. I actually missed the big walk for 2008 as I have another running event on the same day. My NTU classmates actually joined in the fun for Big Walk 2008


URL to the previous Big Walk 2008

http://bigwalkonwater.wordpress.com/


I intend to register for this year’s Big Walk event for have another round of healthy walk and exercise. A few of my friends are joining the event as well. Anyone interested to join in the fun too?? Ha :D


FYI on Big Walk 2010

Official URL:

http://www.newpaperbigwalk.sg/?p=518


Date & Time: 18 July 2010, Flag off at 7.30am

Distance: 5km walk

Start Point: The Singapore Flyer.

End Point: Newly-completed Marina Bay waterfront promenade

Participants: Limit to 20,000 participants

Event Tee: Very nicely designed Event Tee (Blue & Red)

Registration Dates: 12 & 13 June and 19 & 20 June 2010

Registration Fee: $10 per pax ($2 discount for showing the front page of TNP bought on registration dates

Registration Venue: Refer to official website for the venues.

No comments: