Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Night Walk at Chinatown




(Chinese New Year "mouse" lightings)

Yesterday, 5 Feb 2008, I took my annual leave and started to help my mum to do some house spring cleaning during the daytime. I managed to finish much of the cleaning from morning till afternoon, but there are still some cleaning that need to be done on the Chinese New Year eve itself.


After the cleaning in the late afternoon, met up my poly friends for dinner at Chinatown area, then joined in the crowd along the shop houses where all the Chinese New Year goodies are sold. Actually it’s my friend who wants to buy those Taiwanese candy goodies (麻吉), that’s why went into the crowd, if not I will not want to go inside.













(Candies & Goodies)

Anyway, I accompany them along inside the crowd, but while waiting for them to buy their goodies; I took out my camera to take some photos of the Chinese New Year goodies and scenery. Actually I noticed that this year, the crowd seems to be lesser compared to the previous few years, because at some locations, there are still room for walking. Normally in the past few years, it is really very compact and crowded. I think it’s because nowadays, most of the neighbourhood areas also have store selling all these goodies, that’s is why maybe lesser people going down to Chinatown to get the goodies, or the people are just waiting to crowd around the Chinatown only on Chinese New Year eve just to get even cheaper stuff during the late hours.





(Mouse candies?? Forget to see what actually it is, only took the photo. haha)



Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to my family, all my friends and colleagues. Hope the New Year be full of happiness, hope, surprises, luck and success for all. Cheers Ü


(CNY accessories and Red Packets, I like the "福" accessories)

No comments: